Modern periodontology successfully treats chronic gingival inflammation. The causes of periodontitis and gingivitis are multiple. Any untreated inflammation can also cause tooth loss. It is one of the most widespread diseases today.
Causes of periodontitis
There are clear causes of periodontitis: various bacteria. All of them can be very easily spotted and this chronic disease can be properly treated.
Plaque is a fertile ground for bacteria to multiply
Inadequate oral hygiene and non removal of soft and hard plaque leads to uncontrolled growth of pathogenic bacteria, the main causes of gingivitis and periodontitis.
If the disease develops, we can notice the following symptoms:
- gums bleeding when brushing or flossing
- gingiva inflamed, swollen and sensitive
- premature retraction of gums
- formation of abscesses and drainage of pus when pressing the gums
- teeth oscillation
- loss of healthy teeth
- bad breath
Periodontal diseases are treated as follows:
- regular plaque and calculus removal, main causes of the disease
- cleaning of the periodontal pockets
- by adequate rinsing of the oral cavity after brushing the teeth
- taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs
- meticulous daily oral hygiene
- by surgical removal of parodontopathic tissue